Thursday 4 January 2018

Like a kid

I was going through posts in Pinterest, suddenly came a across a simple yet beautiful watercolor drawing. To be honest, i don't really how to use watercolor, its always too dark or too watery.

Knowing myself, i decided to recreate the drawing i saw in a piece of paper, using oil pastel. The result? As you can see, i think a 5 years old would have done better. But that thought made me feel like a kid. 

A kid, that don't need to worry about perfections, blend of colors, follow the line... Just nothing. As an adult, we don't have a chance to not worry about those little things, isn't it? 

Miss those moments where even our scribble is the best thing we have ever draw. That self expectation become too much that we stopped enjoy doing little things that once made us so happy. 

I am posting this today, just as a self reminder, there is still a kid inside you, who love to do little things and be very happy about it. 

I was happy, i laughed so much looking at my own drawing, remembering back when i was a kid, who does not need to worry about perfection, i just draw what i want to draw and showed my mom happily, and yes , she said that too, "like a kid".Ha- ha...

I had a chance to escape from this adulthood, even just for a while. .

Okay, stop laughing already.. Ha-ha!!!

2 comments: